FS Olwell Cocus 6-key Pratten Northwind Case + Cover

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

FS Olwell Cocus 6-key Pratten Northwind Case + Cover

Post by Julia Delaney »

Perfect condition. Price firm. These have sold for over $10,000. This was Olwell's personal flute for a year and a half.
It's about ten years old. No splits, cracks, warps, etc. Engraved rings. Plays beautifully, in perfect tune, with great volume. The Northwind leather-covered case has always been carried inside a protective fitted case cover.
There is a ten year + wait for a flute like this. I believe that the lowest price they sell for on eBay is in the range of $8,000.
Buyer will pay for and determine method of shipping and kind of insurance. Registered USPS mail and $200 insurance to cover will ensure safe handling and no tax for international shipping.
My reason for selling has nothing to do with the flute itself. I need the money for another project.
At some point I will post pictures. Patrick Olwell will guarantee that I am legit and that the flute itself is genuine.
Last edited by Julia Delaney on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Longleg
Tell us something.: interested in Irish flutes and music. Flute player myself and want to follow forum and conversation. Michael is born and raised in Sweden and has played the Irish flute, whistle and bodhran for more than thirty years. He has toured extensively in Ireland and Europe with many different Irish traditional music groups and constellations playing with well-known Irish trad musicians like Mary Bergin, Davy Spillane and Cathal McConnell. Michael lives in Hong Kong and has performed with the City Chamber Orchestra of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Celtic Connections Choir.

Re: FS Olwell Cocus 6-key Pratten Northwind Case + Cover $7

Post by Longleg »

Julia Delaney wrote:Perfect condition. Price firm. These have sold for over $10,000. This was Olwell's personal flute for a year and a half.
It's about ten years old. No splits, cracks, warps, etc. Engraved rings. Plays beautifully, in perfect tune, with great volume. The Northwind leather-covered case has always been carried inside a protective fitted case cover.
There is a ten year + wait for a flute like this. I believe that the lowest price they sell for on eBay is in the range of $8,000.
Buyer will pay for and determine method of shipping and kind of insurance. Registered USPS mail and $200 insurance to cover will ensure safe handling and no tax for international shipping.
My reason for selling has nothing to do with the flute itself. I need the money for another project.
At some point I will post pictures. Patrick Olwell will guarantee that I am legit and that the flute itself is genuine.
Very interested. Is the center section in 2 or one piece?
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: FS Olwell Cocus 6-key Pratten Northwind Case + Cover

Post by Julia Delaney »

Thanks to everybody for the interest. The flute has been spoken for.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale