Southern Michigan flute players

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
John Driscoll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing Irish flute and whistles since January 2016. It's been a great departure from percussion, which has been my primary form of musicianship since I was a boy.

Southern Michigan flute players

Post by John Driscoll »

I'm living in Southern Michigan these days, and I'd love to meet new flute players and try out instruments by different makers. I'm particularly interested in playing a Martin Doyle, and I play a McGee Rudall Perfected.

Anyone near me interested in getting together to talk flutes and swap instruments and tunes?
alavergh
Tell us something.: I'm classical flutist, turned whistler, wanting to turn flutist again...but with an Irish trad style flute.

Re: Southern Michigan flute players

Post by alavergh »

I’m in NE Indiana, so I suppose it depends how far.
marclouis
Tell us something.: Love the sound and feel of wooden flutes. Especially interested in flutes by 19th cent. American makers.

Post by marclouis »

Hi, I'm a relatively new flute player living in Ypsilanti. I play a brace of antiques, and a Casey Burns folk flute. Lately I've been taking my William Hall & Son flute to a local session. If you're still in Ypsi, I'd enjoy getting together to talk flutes.
John Driscoll
Tell us something.: I've been playing Irish flute and whistles since January 2016. It's been a great departure from percussion, which has been my primary form of musicianship since I was a boy.

Post by John Driscoll »

Hey, cool! I go to the Thursday sessions at Greenwood sometimes. Maybe we’ve met? I’d love to get together sometime. I’ll send you an email so we can connect.