The North Wind

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

The North Wind

Post by Steve Bliven »

Anyone have a source for "AN GAOTH ADUAIDH - The North Wind, Solo Flute Playing From The Irish Tradition" from the Frankie Kennedy Winter School? Or a copy you'd be willing to sell?

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
paddler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: The North Wind

Post by paddler »

I got mine at Celtic Grooves. Definitely worth having.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

For a physical CD, don't know if anyone can be relied on to have stock, when they list in their online shops, or they're being overly optimistic:

18 Euros
http://www.felmay.it/shop/item.php?id=1 ... um&lang=it
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

If nothing turns up, Steve, please send me a PM.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Thanks Paddler, KKrell and Kenny. Appreciate your responses.

I've sent a note to Celtic Grooves. However, I've tried to contact them several times over the past couple of years without success using the email through the web site. Has anyone been able to order from them recently? I realize it's a small, one-person operation but I can't tell whether they are still functioning.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Steve Bliven wrote:Thanks Paddler, KKrell and Kenny. Appreciate your responses.

I've sent a note to Celtic Grooves. However, I've tried to contact them several times over the past couple of years without success using the email through the web site. Has anyone been able to order from them recently? I realize it's a small, one-person operation but I can't tell whether they are still functioning.

Best wishes.

Steve
I've seen no sign of Philippe Varlet since Dec, 2015 on the IRTRAD-L mail list. His email at that time was philvar AT EROLS.COM

EDITED: Found him on Facebook. Last activity on his band page in Dec. 2016, but his personal account shows activity this last August. I guess he's just not spending his time online to the degree he may have previously.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org