Windward flute orders?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
MarkP
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Windward flute orders?

Post by MarkP »

Hi, does anyone have recent experience of orders or communication from Windward (Forbes and Yola)? Asking for a friend, other methods have been exhausted it seems. Not sure what’s going on or if there are explanatory circumstances. Feel free to message me :-?
Mark
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Windward flute orders?

Post by pmcallis »

I had no problems contacting Forbes and Yola over the summer, visiting the workshop and taking delivery of a keyless a few months ago.
Their email communication was great too. H-m-m-m...
Paul
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

I’m sure there’s a logical explanation, he’s probably being too polite ;-)
Mark
hpinson

Post by hpinson »

From their web page: +1.902.875.3207 Atlantic Time Zone.
Clinton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Clinton »

I received an email from Yola and Forbes about two weeks ago. I have always found their communication to be exemplary.

Regards,

Clinton
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Have you tried Facebook? They've been posting there.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Thanks, I don’t think he’s had any difficulty getting in contact by various methods over a period of years but he doesn’t always find communication easy so, if there aren’t any known reasons for delays, I might try asking on his behalf ;-).
Mark
Conical bore

Post by Conical bore »

It's good to know they're still active. I play a keyless Windward D in blackwood, and it's a wonderful flute. The only drawback is that it's so loud and powerful that it really shows where I'm screwing up. But that's what I wanted, as a flute I could grow into.

I keep thinking that I'd like to place an order for a keyed version. But there was a big price jump recently that pushes it further out on the financial horizon. I hope they're still around long enough, and *I'm* still around for long enough, for my finances to catch up!
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

Conical bore wrote:It's good to know they're still active. I play a keyless Windward D in blackwood, and it's a wonderful flute. The only drawback is that it's so loud and powerful that it really shows where I'm screwing up. But that's what I wanted, as a flute I could grow into.

I keep thinking that I'd like to place an order for a keyed version. But there was a big price jump recently that pushes it further out on the financial horizon. I hope they're still around long enough, and *I'm* still around for long enough, for my finances to catch up!

Yeah, I definitely noticed that BIG price jump. Seems so to me anyway. Their price for a keyless is not that far off a keyed flute from some other makers.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia