cross fingering

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
john

cross fingering

Post by john »

if anyone has a link to a resource that gives cross fingering chart etc. for the simple system flute could they post a link please

i learned how to get b flat recently - i'm particularly interested in g sharp which i suppose you might be able to get by playing a with all other holes covered

thanks
tstermitz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: cross fingering

Post by tstermitz »

A number of the flute makers have fingering charts.

I've found Margaret Fleck's page on Keyless Flute Fingerings to be pretty complete.

http://mfleck.cs.illinois.edu/flute-fingerings.html
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by david_h »

I find this chart for single key flutes http://www.oldflutes.com/charts/onekey/ gives plenty of things to try out. Several of them, even those that show the key in use, work more or less as described in the comments on my small-holed Burns folkflute. On a large-holed flute many may not work.

Second octave G# with XXO XOX is a good strong note for me but doesn't work on some large holed flutes. A high proportion of the few tunes I need G# for only use it in the second octave. First octave G# XXO XXX can be blown into tune but is very veiled. One or more options for the three second octave notes beyond the normal 'Irish' range works for me - but I need to practice.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Post by Steve Bliven »

Here's a discussion of the topic that might be interesting... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88141

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.