F.S. - Boxwood and Ivory KLEMM & BROTHERS flute - $400

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

F.S. - Boxwood and Ivory KLEMM & BROTHERS flute - $400

Post by Sillydill »

Klemm Bros Flute in Boxwood and Ivory with a single Brass Key for Adoption (Circa 1850).

This is an exceptional antique flute and is eminently playable. It has a great luscious Boxwood tone to it.

Jon Cornia of Cochran flutes wrapped all the sockets with carbon fiber under the rings, sealed the crack in the lower section (held closed by the carbon fiber wrap) and tweaked the tuning. This is the most stable Boxwood flute I have ever owned.

For me the flute plays very well at A=442 (my preferred pitch) with the joints all fully closed. Though this is an American instrument the bottom D is flat in the British style of the period.

HISTORY:
The brothers Georg Klemm (1795–1835) and August Klemm (1797–1876), owned G. & A. Klemm a music firm in Neukirchen, Germany, emigrated to Philadelphia, where in 1819 they founded Klemm and Brothers. The Philadelphia firm continued as dealers in musical instruments until 1879. There is conjecture that most or all of their instruments were made in Germany.

Due to the Ivory rings, I must limit the sale to the U.S. only.

Feel free to ask questions.

Trades and Offers will be Considered.

Thanks for your consideration.

Please submit inquires via PM or Email.
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan