Delrin Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Damian Thompson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute maker and have been following the forum on and off for a very long time! I also enjoy playing the flute & whistle at local sessions in the West of Ireland.

Re: Delrin Flutes

Post by Damian Thompson »

Thanks Cab, although i'm not sure 'reprinted' flutes are on the menu quite yet, I thought I'd post a pic of my 'Pratten' model,(identical to fsharp's flute). In Delrin with Sterling silver rings/nickel tuning slide.

https://www.thompsonflutes.com/

custer
Tell us something.: I have been learning to play the whistle and my teacher recommended this site to me. I am currently looking to upgrade the whistle I have currently and would like to gather as much info on what other players are using.

Post by custer »

Thanks for all the responses. A friend of mine has
loaned me his Copley to try out to see how I like it
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

I still make a one off delrin flute now and then, this is my R&R model: Image
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon