FS: Keyless Olwell Bb

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
RudallRose

FS: Keyless Olwell Bb

Post by RudallRose »

I am considering selling my blackwood Olwell low Bb to help finance a home remodeling project that's teetering a little too close to my budget limit for comfort.

eBay would have the broadest appeal, of course, but would siphon off a good deal of the $ from what I expect this flute would bring, so that's not my first option. I might still go that route if a prospective buyer does not surface in this inquiry.

Although I don't know for sure, I don't believe there are too many of these out there, so it's pretty rare, comparably speaking.
I have had it about 10 years and have only played it very occasionally. It's in as pristine condition as the day it arrived, oiled as needed and kept in a perfect environment for flutes.

There is no tuning slide, it has silver rings, and it plays, as you'd expect, as an Olwell should.
I cannot tell you what the bore is -- I would say it's close to Nicholson -- because Pat didn't model Bb bores as he does with the D flutes.

This is not a chance to get a deal.
Don't ask me what I want for it. Tell me what you're willing to pay.

I'll cover domestic priority shipping. Insurance and international shipping is on you.

This is a rare opportunity to acquire an Olwell that's infrequently made and, quite likely, with a pretty long waiting period.....and to get it without the ridiculous financial hassles of eBay.

I can offer photos, but the fact is, it looks exactly like a blackwood D Olwell without the slide and simply bigger.

Please, only PMs to my email link below.

Thanks.