Back to flute making...

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Back to flute making...

Post by Casey Burns »

Well my summer break has ended. Lark Camp then a bit of rest afterwards followed by an intense weekend of paleontological fieldwork with several top scientists on Pac NW geology and paleontology as well as perhaps the world's top expert on Crinoids (I use the face of one of the plates of these as the artwork on my flute maker's stamp) in which we opened up a Pandora's box of research at a fossil locality that I have studied the last 47 years and even published on (search Google for "Exceptional Crinoids"). Oh yes and there was a Solar Eclipse and my family and friends and I saw this in perfect conditions west of Salem.

Forst up is to measure up two modified French 5 keyed flutes played formerly by the great Cuban flute players Johnny Pacheco and Jose Fajardo, and to make working models of these. And a batch of Folk Flutes. Getting more ornamental turning set-ups built, and prepping my workshop for Fa;ll/Winter mode. Am eager to plunge back into the thick of this - and more music making as well!

Casey