Free flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
UncleChuck
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in making whistles. I have been doing it for years, and I have finally started to get good at it.

Free flutes

Post by UncleChuck »

Hi everyone, I am making a bunch of souvenir flutes for the Austin Celtic Festival this November. I want to give away 3 of them to experienced players in exchange for your opinion. What I am going for is something that is easy to get a sound (as in for a beginner) and it is reasonably in tune. I am not going to spend a lot of time on each one, but they should be reasonably playable. They are made out of colorful PVC tube in the key of G or D. They have a huge embouchure hole and a very sharp edge. Since I don't play very well (yet) I am looking for help in this.

If you want, one, I do need you to pay shipping, which is $10 to the US. If you are outside the US, then shipping is a little more. Let me know where you are and I will look it up. My zip code is 78660. I use USPS because they are the least expensive. (I apologize for that, I just don't have the scratch or I would do it)

Name your color. Red, blue, green, black, yellow, orange, and purple. Specify whether you want a D or a G. (the Gs are better IMHO). Send me a PM or post here. I will need your email address to send you a PayPal invoice and your shipping address. You don't need to "join" paypal or anything, it'd just how I accept cards and such. I will also PM my email address so that you can respond.

Or, if you think this is a stupid idea or out of bounds, I would like to know about that as well.
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Re: Free flutes

Post by sjcavy »

Hey chuck,

I recently moved to the Austin area, and would be glad to help! Also I'd love to see your workshop some time. Shoot me a pm to get my contact info
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
thetinwhistler
Tell us something.: Flute, guitar, and bodhran player from Chicago. Love playing sessions when I can make it out which is never often enough!

Re: Free flutes

Post by thetinwhistler »

Hi Chuck,

I would be more than happy tho help out. I currently play a fully keyed Grinter and have an Eamonn Cotter I can compare it to. I am from Chicago and often play with Sean Gavin and Larry Nugent. Go ahead a PM me if interested.
Cheers!