French 5 Keyed flutes needed

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

French 5 Keyed flutes needed

Post by Casey Burns »

I am working on an exciting new project. I have a friend who is an accomplished Cuban Charanga Flute player. He has also collected several old flutes formerly owned and played by the greats such as Johnny Pacheco and José Fajardo. These are basically old 5 and 6 keyed French flutes that were modified by the players themselves to support the music in the 3rd and 4h octaves. Currently in my possession are what my friend considers as the best flutes from each player.

I am carefully documenting what makes these tick. We hope to be able to reproduce these or simply make it possible to for others to modify old ones to similar specs. The idea is to put these flutes into the hands of the young players who want to play this style, mostly in Cuba (many of the American-based younger players are set in their ways using the modern flute).

Thus if you have any of these old ones laying around gathering dust I would be most interested, on a trade basis. Please contact me by email or private message and tell me what you have.

Thanks!
Casey
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: French 5 Keyed flutes needed

Post by Casey Burns »

Keep them coming folks! I have 2 thus so far that are perfect for this project. 5 or 6 key only, keys intact. Let me know what you have!

Casey