Beware! Patrick Olwell Flute Scam

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Uni Flute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Beware! Patrick Olwell Flute Scam

Post by Uni Flute »

Hello all, this is just an alert to a rather dubious flute currently for sale on Craigslist London. The advert has copied the images and description from the ebay auction for the 2017 birthday flute. Here is the ad in question . . . .

https://london.craigslist.co.uk/msg/6193209254.html
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: Beware! Patrick Olwell Flute Scam

Post by Julia Delaney »

Thanks for posting Not the missing flute but a copy of the ad for Olwell's birthday flute.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
busterbill

Re: Beware! Patrick Olwell Flute Scam

Post by busterbill »

Interesting that someone would try this with Craigslist. A picture of an Olwell has been used in the past in a fake auction on Ebay where transactions are completed online. I'd assume a Craigslist buyer would be expecting to meet someone and carrying cash. That could get a bit dangerous.