CP: Your last chance to get one for the summer

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CP: Your last chance to get one for the summer

Post by Casey Burns »

Last chance to order a Blackwood Folk Flute and get it in July today. Order at my Folkflutes.com website. (July 5)

I really must begin my Summer Break! This summer is too nice to be stuck at the lathe bench. I am dragging my feet on the 9 or so that are in progress as it is. Only 20 hours of work left on that and I had too much fun over the weekend and am headed up to Fiddle Tunes later today and tomorrow and then to the Experimental Aviation Association's Arlington Fly-in Friday and then its the weekend already.

I'll resume making flutes in September. Between now and then - two different experiences at fossil localities, the Eclipse, Lark Camp, and hiking occasionally if my knees allow it.

Joke of the weekend:

Some old teacher was plain worn out and full of chronic fatigue. The docs examined him and gave him a referral to the Brain Bank to have a new brain installed. So he heads over to the Brain Bank.

They examine him and measure his brain pan and say that yes, he qualifies for the transplant. He asks how long is the wait and says he's heard that it can be a year or two

"Usually" says the Brain Bank doctor. "But you are in luck. We just happen to have 2 brains in your size that are not spoken for and so we can do it right away!"

"Great" says the worn out man. "Tell me about them."

The Brain Bank doc says "The first one is actually Einstein's Brain. We got it back and carefully washed the preservative solution off of it and zapped it and its alive and all ready to be implanted"

The guy asks "I imagine that one is pretty expensive. How much?"

"$20,000."

The guy looks in his rather empty wallet and asks "What about the other one?"

"Oh that was the brain of a Banjo player."

The guy says excitedly "Oh that one sounds great! How much is it?"

The doc says "You are in luck! It's half off at the low price of $2 Million!"

The man explodes: "How can the Banjo player's brain be $2 million while Einstein's costs only $20,000?"

The Brain Bank doc says "Its because it has never been used!"

Happy Summer (or Winter for those in the Southern Hemisphere) Everyone!

Casey