SOLD- FS CASEY BURNS Boxwood Folk Flute -SOLD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
JDLeedham
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Upon a stirring in one’s heart, to send it forth with the breath through an instrument where you can feel it stroke fingertips as it becomes sound... is truly like having the ability to make magic.

SOLD- FS CASEY BURNS Boxwood Folk Flute -SOLD

Post by JDLeedham »

SOLD: my Casey Burns Boxwood Folk Flute. $200 or Best Reasonable Offer

All Boxwood with no metal, D Flute with threaded tenon joints. Well cared for, but has developed a curve that does not effect playability, tuning of tone. I played this flute at an outdoor wedding, at contra dances and to put my grand babies to sleep with a lullaby or two. Comes with its original case.

This flute will be a pleasant surprise to the beginner or intermediate with regards to tone and playability of a wooden flute for $200 dollars. Although a noticeable curve to the head,there are no cracks, checks or any irregularities. This has been my travel flute and is a real journeyman flute.

I'm asking $200 or first best reasonable offer plus actual S&H. PayPal encouraged. Will ship same day, tracking and insurance.

If you know of anyone who might be interested please share.
Last edited by JDLeedham on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottMaurer

Re: FS CASEY BURNS Boxwood Folk Flute

Post by ScottMaurer »

What an outstanding price for a beautiful flute! I started out on a Burns Folk flute.
monkeymonk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by monkeymonk »

Interesting that the curve seems to be in a good direction for a right handed player. I would think that if the curve went the other way it might cause the flute to rotate while playing.
JDLeedham
Tell us something.: Upon a stirring in one’s heart, to send it forth with the breath through an instrument where you can feel it stroke fingertips as it becomes sound... is truly like having the ability to make magic.

Post by JDLeedham »

ScottMaurer wrote:What an outstanding price for a beautiful flute! I started out on a Burns Folk flute.
Indeed it was.
Or a bit low, but in any case it's a good flute that generated a queue to purchase it. Good luck to all that are looking for a good used flute at this kind of a price. Hopefully this sale renews faith that you can still find a bargain.
All the best,
JD
JDLeedham

Post by JDLeedham »

monkeymonk wrote:Interesting that the curve seems to be in a good direction for a right handed player. I would think that if the curve went the other way it might cause the flute to rotate while playing.
Agreed, but I think the best direction for that curve would have been straight! :thumbsup: