It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 am 

My research has led me to look for a flute in the Rudall pattern, small holes, delrin. I understand that Walt Sweet's flutes are no longer available. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a flute to fit my needs...new or used?
New email... jadmcleish@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:52 am 

You neglected to specify if you have price range in mind, and if you need the flute within a particular time frame. If you don't have major limitations on either front, and you're set on delrin for the material, I'd suggest contacting John Gallagher if you are located in the U.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:32 pm 

I agree with Loren. I have a John Gallagher flute in delrin that I liked so much I ordered another one in boxwood from him. I originally got the delrin one for travel. He makes both a small holed Rudall and a large holed Rudall model.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:28 pm 

davidbruce wrote:
I understand that Walt Sweet's flutes are no longer available.

According to his web site "Shannon flutes are now back in stock...click to order yours today."

Best wishes,

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 am 

Thanks for the replies thus far. I will check out the Gallagher flutes.

Thanks to you, too, Steve. I used the link you put in, but got a message that the site could not be reached. I know his former shop has been taken over, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for on that new site. What address did you use to find the site that indicates that the Shannon is available again?

With regards to the Shannon made by Sweet, the pictures I have seen on various sites show it as blue. Are they, in fact, blue, or is that some glitch in the photos?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:06 am 

They come in different colors. I had one in black.
I think they are very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:39 am 

davidbruce wrote:
Thanks to you, too, Steve. I used the link you put in, but got a message that the site could not be reached. I know his former shop has been taken over, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for on that new site. What address did you use to find the site that indicates that the Shannon is available again?

With regards to the Shannon made by Sweet, the pictures I have seen on various sites show it as blue. Are they, in fact, blue, or is that some glitch in the photos?

Odd about the site—I just went there, clicked on the "order now" tag and it worked fine. Try http://wdsweetflutes.com/ and click on the yellow tag.

It seems you are perhaps confusing Walt Sweet with Ralph Sweet (his father) of Sweetheart Flutes/Whistles. Ralph has retired and his company has passed on to another maker, although still in the same location. But, as far as I know, Walt continues on with his own company.

I've never seen any color/colour for Walt's delrin other than black. Maybe there are other options on special request but nothing on his site that I noticed.

Best wishes.

Steve