FS: Olwell Restored 8 Key Antique Flute Cocus D

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

FS: Olwell Restored 8 Key Antique Flute Cocus D

Post by Julia Delaney »

Beautifully restored 19th. C. antique flute. Probably French in origin. No identification apart from the Olwell stamp on the head joint.
The flute is in perfect condition, with no cracks or splits. Nickel silver keys, rings, and slide. Rudall model, small holes, capped tenons.
The cocus is flawless and of a quality nearly impossible to find in a modern flute.
Patrick Olwell is a masterful restorer as well as a renowned maker of fine flutes. Olwell has re-reamed the flute, adjusted the tuning, recut the embouchure hole, replaced the pads and made sure that all keys are functioning perfectly.
The flute comes in its original case, which is wood, covered with Moroccan leather. It is custom made and fits the flute perfectly. It is protective but could use some attention.
This flute is basically a new, small-holed flute from the Olwell workshop. It carries the Olwell stamp. It plays with very quick response and surprising volume. The flute could be heard over a loud fiddle and loud pipes. It has a very distinctive, forceful voice.
I am asking $2,500 for it, or best offer. Trades are possible. I will mail it to any place in the world.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale