4th Annual "FluteFling Scottish Flute Weekend" 2017

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

4th Annual "FluteFling Scottish Flute Weekend" 2017

Post by kenny »

Friday June 16th - Sunday 18th June 2017 :

The 4th “FluteFling” Scottish Flute Weekend

Now in it’s 4th year, "The FluteFling Scottish Flute Weekend" returns, albeit at a different time of the year, and with a change of venue to a more central location.

Venue : The City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 25 Nicolson Square, Edinburgh EH8 9BX

The weekend starts on Friday night, with the 2nd "Great Scottish Flute Night" - a charity concert with profits being donated to "Scottish Action On Mental Health". I will post details of this concert as a separate event.
A flute session has been arranged to follow the concert in a nearby hostelry.

Saturday classes : Registration - 9.00 - 9.30am.

Students will be allocated places in 1 of 3 classes, and will rotate between the 3 tutors - Sharon Creasey [ boehm-system ], Gordon Turnbull [ simple-system ], and special guest tutor, Orlaith McAuliffe [ simple-system ].
The teaching part of the day will end with a presentation by a special guest speaker [ not yet announced ], ending at 4.30pm.
The practical and fun part continues with an evening session, from 7.30pm to midnight.

Prices and numbers - numbers are limited to a total of 40 students.
Advance booking : Full - £50 / Concession - £40
"On The door" : Full - £55 / Concession - £45

Students will get a 50% discount on admission to the Friday night concert - this can be obtained through a code presented when booking online.
I will post the link for bookings in the next few days, once it has "gone live".

Sunday - ends with a very informal session in a well-known Edinburgh music pub.

If anyone requires any other information, please contact me through a private message, and I will do my best to answer any queries.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
kenny

Re: 4th Annual "FluteFling Scottish Flute Weekend" 2017

Post by kenny »

"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Flutesoftheforest
antispam: No

Post by Flutesoftheforest »

Accommodation booked, flutes polished, I am all ready for my third annual visit north of the border. If it is anything like the last two years it will really be a "Flute Fling". It has always proved
to be a weekend of flute playing, flute listening and flute talk with a most agreeable bunch of people. Highly recommended !!!!
See you all in June.

Cheers

Martin
kenny

Post by kenny »

Look forward to meeting up again, Martin. Many thanks for the endorsement.

PS - I should have noted above that the "FluteFling" gratefully acknowledges financial support from the "Tasgadh" Traditional Arts Small Grant" scheme, administered by "Feisean Nan Gaidheal".
kenny

Post by kenny »

I'm "bumping" this to the top of the page because the website has been updated to include finalised details. Hope to see some of you there. Kenny