CP: English boxwood flute billets 10 sets for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
EnglishBoxwood
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been planting and managing english boxwood for a number of years and wish to enable forum users to be supplied with boxwood billets for woodwind instruments

CP: English boxwood flute billets 10 sets for sale

Post by EnglishBoxwood »

English box boxwood flute billet sets to suit Pratten and Rudall Rose 10no

10 sets of 6 pieces for a busy flute maker, or jenga player, for both Pratten and Rudall rose models.
Quarter sawn english boxwood sustainably managed in Oxfordshire. Straight grained, no knots in the turning section, no structural cracks or holes, no significant grey staining.

Dimensions all minimum: head cap 45 X 32 X 32, head joint 190 X 32 X 32, barrel 75 X 38 X 38, upper joint 215 X 35 X 35, lower joint 130 X 34 X 34, foot joint 155 X 32 X 32. Some components oversize, especially the small ones.

Suitable for export from the UK contact us for a quote with your location. Further sets to order, 16 alto recorder sets in stock. eBay this item number:172721027018

£273.80 plus £8 UPS next day delivery, Total £281.80

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxwood-Timber-/172721027018

Contact Huw at English Boxwood, Hampshire UK 07973291654 huwcrompton@aol.com
Last edited by EnglishBoxwood on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Bliven

Re: CP: English boxwood flute billets 10 sets for sale

Post by Steve Bliven »

A direct eBay link, presumably with photos, would be helpful as a search on that item # doesn't find anything.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Here you go, Steve:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxwood-Timber-/172721027018

Sometimes item searches on eBay will depend on whether you are looking in the right country. It's not on the U.S. site, but is available for export. I wonder what shipping cost would be. Jon C. might like some.
Last edited by kkrell on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Your searchers are clearly better than mine...

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Steve Bliven wrote:Your searchers are clearly better than mine...

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
FYI, there is plenty of stuff on eBay France, Australia, and Germany, for instance. They will often only show in a U.S. search if the seller has chosen to allow shipping there. Thus, a lot of auctions might get missed if the shipping terms indicate to contact them for international costs.

I also see people hunting for CDs and books, etc. on Amazon.com, but that are only listed on the site in another country, such as (UK) http://amazon.co.uk/ , (Canada) https://www.amazon.ca . You can still get the item, sometimes even cheaper (although there is shipping cost).
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

kkrell wrote:I also see people hunting for CDs and books, etc. on Amazon.com, but that are only listed on the site in another country, such as (UK) http://amazon.co.uk/ , (Canada) https://www.amazon.ca . You can still get the item, sometimes even cheaper (although there is shipping cost).
Drifting way off topic here, but I recently ordered a number of CDs from Custy's in Ennis that were markedly less costly than what I could find domestically, even with shipping. Much to my surprise.....

Best wishes.

Steve
EnglishBoxwood
Tell us something.: I've been planting and managing english boxwood for a number of years and wish to enable forum users to be supplied with boxwood billets for woodwind instruments

Post by EnglishBoxwood »

The postage to most zip codes and Canada is £42.00 3 days UPS. Contact me for variations, quantities up or down, alternate billets size etc
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

EnglishBoxwood wrote:The postage to most zip codes and Canada is £42.00 3 days UPS. Contact me for variations, quantities up or down, alternate billets size etc
Hi,
could you ship it royal air to San Diego? How much would that be?
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon