"First" microphone

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Concertinaplayer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm an English Concertina player and I'd like to became also a flute player. I play Irish Traditional Music and some other north European folk music. I think that this forum is a precious mine of informations about the "Irish flute".

"First" microphone

Post by Concertinaplayer »

Hi

I'd buy a microphone to record my exercises (and the amount of air flow that I miss in the embochure :) )
I found these two microphones that seem to have good ratio cost/tech features

JTS cx 500 fma

http://www.jts.com.tw/english/products/ ... d=5&pid=43

T.bone Ovid System CC100

http://www.tbone-mics.com/en/product/in ... 68c92f332/

Did somebody try them for a comparison?

Thanks in advance

CP
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: "First" microphone

Post by bradhurley »

Concertinaplayer wrote:Hi

I'd buy a microphone to record my exercises (and the amount of air flow that I miss in the embochure :) )
I found these two microphones that seem to have good ratio cost/tech features
Both of these are microphones that attach to your flute. There's nothing really wrong with that, but I think you'd find cheaper (and possibly better) mics that are stand-alone, which will also give you more flexibility.

I think of mics that attach to your flute as mainly for performance, and even there they're a bit limited because everything you do will be picked up by the mic (unless it has a mute switch), so that means things like tuning to other instruments or blowing out your flute to clear it will be heard by the audience, and sometimes people want to back off from the mic for various reasons...this is harder to do with an instrument-attached mic.