CP - "Between Friends" by Gordon Gower and Zac Leger

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Liney Bear
antispam: No

CP - "Between Friends" by Gordon Gower and Zac Leger

Post by Liney Bear »

Hello fellow ChiffyFipplers -

Long time no post! I have a few pals around here so I thought I'd drop a line and let you know I have a new album available for digital download or hard copies via iTunes, Amazon, and CDBaby.

I recorded this several years ago, but life got in the way with marriage, stepkids, buying a house, etc., but now it is available and I hope you'll consider giving it a spin. You can find it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/betwe ... 1210577930

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC ... s_sp_ps_dp

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gordongowerwithzacleger

It's a mix of reels, jigs, airs, and songs playing on Irish flute, uilleann pipes, tin whistle, low whistle, bodhran, and piano.

Thanks for your time!

best,
Gordon
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: CP - "Between Friends" by Gordon Gower and Zac Leger

Post by eilam »

OMG !! i love it......been listening to it on a loop for the last 2 days.
what a great CD, and great new tunes to learn !!!
such a great CD and your playing is amazing my friend !

eilam
Jay
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I make flutes for Irish traditional music. Three models in D (Large and small Rudalls and a Pratten), a Boosey Eb, and a Rudall Bb.

Post by Jay »

You guys sound awesome! Flutes, whistles, pipes, and song. And that Bb flute!! Simply incredible sounding. And the dual whistles...

So was it just you and Zac, playing the tunes and accompaniment? Or others as well?

Well done and best wishes,
-Jay
Maker of wooden flutes for Irish traditional music. www.woodenflutes.com
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Post by Julia Delaney »

Bump-- Certainly worth a listen. Two fine young musicians.
The music is meticulously recorded and produced.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Wonderful Album: Nicely arranged with lovely playing that is well recorded, nicely done! Highly recommended!
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

From three listenings so far to the hard copy (CD) I received on Monday...

Have to say I like it, or I wouldn't be posting this now. I remember Gordon posting that recording of Casadh an Tsugain (and why) on C&F when it was made, and it's still touching! The songs and slow airs are nicely done... Gordon plays his two featured flute airs with the kind of dense, harmonic-rich tone I like, but I could imagine some preferring a slightly lighter timbre. I also particularly like the lively, but not driven, dance tunes with some light, bouncy bouzouki and (typically slightly weightier) guitar backings from Zac. The use of 'vinyl' noise to provide both atmosphere and pulse in one otherwise unaccompanied whistle duet set is clever, but not my favourite thing on the album with the two whistles perhaps the most exposed combination where intonation's concerned. I like both slow reels and the late Andy M. Stewart, so appreciate the closing combination of song learned from Andy's singing (which you could probably guess from the way Blake's sounding here) and slow reel where many might have gone for another dance set.

The music is good and the sound clear, close and bright. I hope folk keep buying, listening to, and enjoying it.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?