Searching for software to help identify tuning trends

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
flutegirl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Formerly studied music in college, now resigned to being just a hobbyist who doesn't have time to do anything but occasionally read boards about the music she enjoys listening to...

Searching for software to help identify tuning trends

Post by flutegirl »

Hi all,

Many years ago, I ran across a piece of free software on someone's website. I believe it was one of the flute manufacturers, but I cannot recall precisely.

What the software did was listen to a person play an instrument, and would record the tendencies for each pitch, so when you were done, you would be able to see whether a specific note is sharp/flat/in-tune when played in context. I believe it was written to help ensure the scale of the flute was in tune.

I can't seem to find the proper list of keywords to enter into a google search to find this software again, if it's still available, but none of the tuner apps I've seen have anything close to this.

Would anyone by chance know of this software and where I could find it, or know of a good substitute, either for computer or iOS?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Searching for software to help identify tuning trends

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

flutegirl
Tell us something.: Formerly studied music in college, now resigned to being just a hobbyist who doesn't have time to do anything but occasionally read boards about the music she enjoys listening to...

Post by flutegirl »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Flutini
Yes! That's exactly the one. Thank you so much!
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

In mobile App Store search for RTTA (real time tuning analysis)
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rttatun ... 70418?mt=8
Mark