It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: M&E 6 Key
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm 

Right. Depending on the player, weight may be a deal breaker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 am 

I am playing a 6 key model and I am quiet happy with it ! I had experience with the silver flute before, so I can't real say how much trouble the keyes make for a total beginner, however I never had problems with them and it is nice, to play some baroque stuff oder music from other tradition from time to time, using the keys !
Of course, overall the flute likes cheaper than a block mounted wooden one, but for the price, he is selling them, they are really fine.
Even after 4 years playing this flute, I am satisfied with its tone.
I weights quiet a bit more than a wooden flute, but I don't think that this is too bad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 am 

Quote:
M&E: fully chromatic, delrin, heavy

Hello Scouter, Michael Cronnolly still makes the occasional hardwood flute to special order, according to his new website;

https://www.mandeirishflutes.ie/hstory-of-m-e

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 am 

I have an M&E six key, in rosewood or something similar. I was looking around at delrin flutes at the time, posted something here, and someone contacted me with this one on offer for a good price, so I went that way and don't regret. I'm a woodworker, and wood is home base. It's my first flute, and as there are few players around here, the only one I've had a chance to play, but i think it's a good instrument and good value. I would like to move up to a 'better' flute (though it's hard to make a compelling case for it because this one does mostly what I want it to.... the deficiencies are on the operator end), and at least I have figured out what I like, and what I would like different, on another flute... mainly there are a couple of keys I don't like the position of. Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:24 pm 

psychodonald wrote:
I own an 8 key Ebonite M&E Flute.... I only wish that the sharp edges of the holes had been smoothed off, it would have made it a more enjoyable instrument to play.

This is quite easy for anyone who services clarinets...this is a problem with polymer clarinets as well, I 'ease' the edges often on some new Yamaha or Vito