F.S. - Flute by Eugene Lambe - SOLD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

F.S. - Flute by Eugene Lambe - SOLD

Post by Sillydill »

Currently offered for adoption is a Irish Flute by Eugene Lambe (Export Model) in Blackwood and Silver with an Ebonite lip-plate.

This simple elegant flute has a one-piece body with medium sized tone holes and a Silver Head and Tuning-Slide. Lambe called this his "Export Model" because there were problems with cracks in the heads of so many wooden flutes in dryer climes than Ireland.

It is a fine and easy player with a soulfull voice and a broad tonal pallette. I wanted a Lambe flute for a long time after hearing Loretto Reid play Leon's Waltz on hers (beautiful tone with such expression) Original Wooden Flute Obsession Disk 1 track 14. But sadly now this flute isn't getting used much. It has pretty good intonation and a very unique tone. This is not a Session Weapon, more a Parlor Flute. It is very easy to play with a good firm bottom D and it easily octivates. Would also make an excellent beginner's flute.

Eugene Lambe was one of the first artists to start reproducing historical folk instruments in the '70s. Here's a Video of him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEQBAQfMt4

I feel that this flute is not only a good strong player, but a historically significant flute as well. The owner I got it from said he had it for 25-years!

Sorry with the current SITES situation, I would rather not send this flute abroad (U.S. only).

Please feel free to ask questions.

Offers and trades considered.

Please submit inquiries via PM or Email.

Thanks!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan