Flute Case

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Stuporman
antispam: No

Flute Case

Post by Stuporman »

Finally getting over the worst deal I've ever made, swapping away a beautiful 8 keyed English flute, I've purchased a 6 keyed keeper. I wanted to buy a case for it from the now defunct Northwind Cases. Does anyone know of a similar quality of case that can be ordered? Thanks.
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Flute Case

Post by kkrell »

Stuporman wrote:the now defunct Northwind Cases
How did you hear this? The phone # still goes through to the owner. The domain name is still active, although the hosting site is indeed down.
Yogifluter

Post by Yogifluter »

Northwind Cases is still there, I just spoke to somebody the other day who said to use this URL, which works: www.northwindcase.com (singular "case," not "cases"). The site is up, I just checked.
LewisC
Tell us something.: It is a beautiful day in the piedmont for playing a favorite boxwood simple-system flute. Is that enough typing to get to 100 characters?? Maybe not, just to make sure here is a bit more stuff from the keyboard ...

Post by LewisC »

I received a custom fitted NW case about a month ago. It is beautiful.
Lewis
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I have been using a Northwind case for over 15 years. It might be closer to 20 but I don't want to admit to being that old. It has served very well. After about 10 years of just popping it into my backpack where it bounced around with whatever else I had in there I got smart and made a cloth bag to slip it into. The latches are perfect with a mechanism that doesn't accidentally open, the hinges are great and the lining is holding up just fine.
psychodonald
Tell us something.: Very much enjoy all flutes, bagpipes and whistles. I'm an older player; however, an active learner. I take current lessons from an Irish Flute tutor, a Boehm Flute tutor and a Highland Bagpipe tutor. I'm a great believer in lessons and without the assistance of a tutor, I find that I would be repeating the same mistakes over and over again, making me proficient in poor music.

Post by psychodonald »

I received a Northwind Case about 2 months ago and it was perfect. Stuporman, quite certain your information is incorrect!