Seery Pratten in Delrin ?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
SutraRider
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, my user name is based on the model of bicycle I'm riding, Kona Sutra Ltd. I'm a drummer and percussionist in Contra Dance bands.

Seery Pratten in Delrin ?

Post by SutraRider »

Hello,

I'm trying to determine the value of a Seery Pratten Low D in delrin. It is in excellent condition and always kept in a case.

JB
sligofluter

Re: Seery Pratten in Delrin ?

Post by sligofluter »

SutraRider wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to determine the value of a Seery Pratten Low D in delrin. It is in excellent condition and always kept in a case.

JB

You can buy a Seery Delrin for 450€ in some stores, so for an used flute it depends of it condition and old, I think around 300€-400€ should be fine.
Our irish music blog in Spanish: https://theirishflow.com/
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

The Irish Flute Store shows that they sold a used Seery Pratten in Delrin for $499 US.
https://www.irishflutestore.com/collect ... in-pratten

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
SutraRider
Tell us something.: Hello, my user name is based on the model of bicycle I'm riding, Kona Sutra Ltd. I'm a drummer and percussionist in Contra Dance bands.

Post by SutraRider »

Thank you Sligo and Steve. That is really helpful. I heard a rumor that Seery past away a few years ago. So I'm assuming that the flutes are not being made any longer?
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Quick turn-around....

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Des died a couple of years back. His daughter, who was also making flutes and was setting up shop in Galway, I think, was killed before then (auto accident?). I think Desi had a son, not sure if he's carrying on, or someone else, but they're still being made to order:

https://www.facebook.com/seery.flutes
You need to be logged in to FB.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

SutraRider wrote:Thank you Sligo and Steve. That is really helpful. I heard a rumor that Seery past away a few years ago. So I'm assuming that the flutes are not being made any longer?
Still being made, still in the shops.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

kkrell wrote:
SutraRider wrote:Thank you Sligo and Steve. That is really helpful. I heard a rumor that Seery past away a few years ago. So I'm assuming that the flutes are not being made any longer?
Still being made, still in the shops.
Out of curiosity, has anyone compared flutes from a few years ago by Seery himself with the ones being made now? Would be interested if they're still sticking to his design exactly or have continued to try to improve upon it, as many makers continue to make little tweaks and adjustments along the way.
SutraRider

Post by SutraRider »

Ha! Steve, I see you found my ad on craigslist! too funny. I have updated to -not- say the flutes are no longer being made.
SutraRider

Post by SutraRider »

A friend of mine sent me a PM. I received an email saying that I had received one. But yet when I go to read it, there is a note that says I'm unauthorized to read private messages. Why is this??

JB
sligofluter

Post by sligofluter »

SutraRider wrote:A friend of mine sent me a PM. I received an email saying that I had received one. But yet when I go to read it, there is a note that says I'm unauthorized to read private messages. Why is this??

JB
Because you have only 4 posts in the forum, and the admins try to avoid that some people register only to sell instruments and flee.

I don´t know how may post do you need for unlock the achievement, but you look like a good boy and it will happen for sure.

David
SutraRider

Post by SutraRider »

Er uh..."good boy". That's offensive. Do you always operate on assumption??

Female Born.

In addition to the Seery pratten, I have a Walt Sweet Shannon and Tipple low d. I consider myself a beginner on flute. I am a drummer and percussionist for 47 years now, and play in about 11 different bands, mostly Contra Dance oriented, but also Quebecois, Klezmer, Irish, Scottish, Cape Breton, Metis, Old Timey, Funk, Jazz, Rock, Trop Rock, and Brazilian Samba.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

SutraRider wrote:Er uh..."good boy". That's offensive. Do you always operate on assumption??
David lists his location as Spain. It is possible, therefore, that he is not a native English speaker and/or is unaware of the negative connotation the word "boy" can have in the United States. Whatever the case, I'm sure his intent was not to offend.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Welcome aboard.
sligofluter

Post by sligofluter »

Dan A. wrote:
SutraRider wrote:Er uh..."good boy". That's offensive. Do you always operate on assumption??
David lists his location as Spain. It is possible, therefore, that he is not a native English speaker and/or is unaware of the negative connotation the word "boy" can have in the United States. Whatever the case, I'm sure his intent was not to offend.

For sure, no offensive intention at all. Your nick is Sustrarider, rider is male in spanish. I apologize anyway.

For more clarification I meant that you show good manners, so my intention was the opposite of offending.

David