Problem Bean

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
michael c
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Problem Bean

Post by michael c »

Hi,
I got an email today telling me that all of the mp3 links on my Irish Flute Tunes site http://irishflute.podbean.com from before late 2009 had stopped working. I've checked this out and this seems to be the case. I've contacted podbean.com to see whether they are willing and/or able to fix the ****-up. Failing fixes from Podbean there may have to be a mass tune donor session amongst the good and great C&F folks to rebuild the minor edifice which was in place before mein webhost chewed off than a bit.
All the best,
Michael.
boyd
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Re: Problem Bean

Post by boyd »

Not so good Michael

(your podbean site has been a great resource)

Hope it gets resolved

Boyd

....nobody said this would be easy......

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Oh great. Just what one needs, eh? I sympathise, I really do. Also, that's one helluva good resource gone up in smoke if they can't get it back. But surely, they must have a backup, haven't they? How about you? Anything lying around on old machines or anything?

Whatever, I hope you manage to keep up the good work. It's appreciated around the world.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

If there needs to be some sort of fundraiser please let us know. I for one have really enjoyed the site and found it very helpful.
michael c

Post by michael c »

Hi. No fundraiser needed or asked for. Thanks all the same, I really appreciate the good wishes. I've already had a reply from Podbean and they are looking at whatever glitch may have occurred.
Whatever happens, I'll get it sorted.
Thanks again,
M.
ancientfifer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ancientfifer »

Ditto on all the positive sentiments above. Hope they can fix it soon.
Regards,
Russ
ancientfifer is the chiffer formerly known as fifenwhistle (Dec. 2008-January 2014)
Avatar Photo: Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums, July 4th Parade 1976, broadcasted live nationally on CBS.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

I hope You will find a good solution Michael, it is a great source of great music indeed.
If there is anything we can do, just speak!
Francesco - Rome, Italy
TransverseWoodenFlutes.com
Levente
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Levente »

Second all the above. I have all the files that are available via iTunes if needed.

And while at it, could you tell us something about the track you call "Introduction"? I love the first (or second, I can't remember) tune and I'd like to know more.

cheers
Levente
Kirk B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kirk B »

Thanks for letting us know Michael. I went there the other day and kept getting broken links on the mp3s. I have some of the tunes on my computer but not that many. Keep us posted if you need whatever files we may have.

Cheers,

Kirk
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Boo! :cry:

I have a batch - maybe as many as 50? I've switched computers since then but my chaotic administration methods may a positive for once. Let us know.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
michael c

Post by michael c »

It looks like Podbean have located the missing MP3 files and the links are working again. Thanks for the offers of copies since I reported that they had gone AWOL. Hopefully they'll not lose the tunes again.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Great news, Michael. You'll have everyone making copies like crazy now, just in case. :D
highwood
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by highwood »

Hopefully they'll not lose the tunes again.
Great news, Michael. You'll have everyone making copies like crazy now, just in case.
Michael - you have made, or making backups, just in case...

One good thing to come from this is I'm sure a few people have discovered your wonderful site - me for one, thanks!
“When a Cat adopts you there is nothing to be done about it except put up with it until the wind changes.” T.S. Elliot
crickett

Post by crickett »

That's great news! That site is a fantastic resource. Thanks Michael for all your work on it over the years.