Goderich (Celtic Roots Festival) - Cathall King

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
celticmodes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Goderich (Celtic Roots Festival) - Cathall King

Post by celticmodes »

I'm getting back into the Irish Flute after some time off. I'll be going to Goderich this year and studying a bit under Cathall King. Perhaps I'll see one of you there.
celticmodes
[Reviol 8 key | Oz Vambrace | Dusty Strings Ravenna | Luna Trinity Parlor]
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Goderich (Celtic Roots Festival) - Cathall King

Post by benhall.1 »

Ah Goderich brings back memories. I went there with Peter Kennedy in 2003. A fantastic time. A lot of the music I play now is inspired (re-inspired?) by my time then.
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

Ah, yes. We went to Goderich back in the mid '90s, when my interest in instruments inclined more to things with strings, rather than those you blows. Good to know they are still going after many years and a tornado.
colomon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

We'll be going this year if we can afford it.

Actually, given the lineup this year, it's quite possible we will be going even if we can't. :)
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)