Manometer

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
mike delta
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Manometer

Post by mike delta »

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a manometer that measures in inches of water (preferably for UK purchase).
I have a U Tube type but I find this messy and cumbersome.
I am thinking in terms of the analog dial type that measures inches of water. A web search showa dozens and dozens from USA web sites and they seem to be quite common and relatively cheap to purchase in the US. In the UK however gauges measring inches of water seem to be a rarity.
I have considerd the digital type but I have heard these are too sensitive for a piper's needs.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
highland-piper

Re: Manometer

Post by highland-piper »

I bought an inexpensive blood pressure gauge. They read in mm of Hg. The conversion is 54%. I.e. 100 mm/Hg = 54 in H2O. It cost $15, compared to $100 for a gauge marked in H20.
mike delta
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by mike delta »

Hi Highland-Piper,
Thanks for that information. The BP gauges are considerably cheaper than industrial pressure gauges as you stated.
What did you do to prepare it for use? I'm assuming you just cut of the rubber tube where it goes into the cuff and that free end then goes onto one of your drones. Is that correct?
Thanks,
Mike
MarkS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MarkS »

Dwyer Instruments has an inexpensive line of low pressure gauges in a variety of ranges:

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Press ... SeriesLPG4
highland-piper

Post by highland-piper »

mike delta wrote:Hi Highland-Piper,
Thanks for that information. The BP gauges are considerably cheaper than industrial pressure gauges as you stated.
What did you do to prepare it for use? I'm assuming you just cut of the rubber tube where it goes into the cuff and that free end then goes onto one of your drones. Is that correct?
Thanks,
Mike
Sorry for the delay.

I just pulled the rubber tube off, plugged it into a 10 foot piece of 1/4 in vinyl tube, and put the other end of that into a small cork that I drilled out.