Zampogna; Scapoli festival

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
jimthepipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Zampogna; Scapoli festival

Post by jimthepipes »

Hi everyone,

First post, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place/on the wrong subject/ otherwise wrong. I'm sure you'll know that the St Chartier/ Chateau D'Ars festival has folded. Is the Scapoli zampogna fest still happening? I've looked on the website and all references are to 2013, but I don't have any Italian, so I could be misunderstanding. I've never been to Scapoli, but I'd love to go, but it would be just my luck to turn up and find it was all cancelled. If it is happening, does anyone know where is good to stay? Thanks in advance for any help,

Jim
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Re: Zampogna; Scapoli festival

Post by MichaelLoos »

You should contact Antonietta Caccia at circolo@zampogna.org, she will be able to give you the information you need (might take a week or two, but she will answer, and she has good English).
As I've been told, at the moment it looks very much like the "Rencontres" are coming back to St. Chartier rather than Château d'Ars. The festival committee has been reorganized, and contact has been made to the new owner of the castle who seems to be very keen to support the festival. There is a good chance the festival will be on in 2014.
jimthepipes

Re: Zampogna; Scapoli festival

Post by jimthepipes »

Thanks, that's really helpful.