For Sale: Flemish pipes

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
MichaelM
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been pickin' at the flute for decades. Now retired, I am spending more time at it. Not a natural musician but I enjoy it. and so do my dogs. I joined C&F in 2013 but had lurked for a long time before that.

For Sale: Flemish pipes

Post by MichaelM »

For Sale: Flemish pipes (similar to French Cornemuse du Centre), made in Jan 2013 by Michael McHarg of Vermont (weepiper.com). I listed these on this site earlier in the year without any takers. Maybe there’s no market for this type of bagpipe, perhaps the price put buyers off. Who knows. I am listing them again as I would like to pass them on to someone who will play them. I just don’t have the free time right now.

The pipes are in cocobolo, with fumed moose antler mounts. Simple but very elegant.

Included is a custom made case and spare chanter reed (plastic). The pipes cost $1800 and I am open to offers. PayPal or cash. PM if you are interested.
Thanks for looking
Michael
[img][IMG]http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w599/montcm1/pipehorizontal_zps5cd0eb99.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w599/montcm1/pipeinbox_zps13adef64.jpg[/img][/img]
MichaelM
Tell us something.: Been pickin' at the flute for decades. Now retired, I am spending more time at it. Not a natural musician but I enjoy it. and so do my dogs. I joined C&F in 2013 but had lurked for a long time before that.

Re: For Sale: Flemish pipes

Post by MichaelM »

I am willing to sell these pipes for $500 plus shipping (about $30 in N. America). They are worth a lot more but I recognize that it's something of a buyer's market out there. I would sooner they were played by someone who cares for them.
PM if interested.
Thanks for looking
Michael
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by anima »

Do you have a sound file you can post? Plastic chanter reed or cane? Composite or cane drone reed? French Half closed fingering or other?
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Sorry, I don't have a sound clip, which is linked to my reason for selling these pipes. I bought them at the beginning of this year but have not yet learned to play them because, well, life took over and I have little or no spare time available. Michael McHarg played them (or had them played - his son is a piper) over the phone to me so I know they work okay.
The chanter reed is plastic, and the drone is what appears to be a mylar plastic cover over a delrin reed bloc, if that makes sense. Both reeds are capable of making a pleasing sound.
The chanter uses trad French fingering with a second thumbhole for the lower hand to play semitones.
I am anxious not to have C&F members think I have any sinister motives for selling these beautiful pipes or that they are in any way defective. If they don't sell, they'll go into my closet until such times as I have the leisure to learn 'em.
Michael
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by anima »

I don't think anyone on is doubting you. MacHarg's reputation is solid.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

The pipes are now sold.
Thanks to everyone who inquired
Michael