Highland Pipes for better health

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Richard Katz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Highland Pipes for better health

Post by Richard Katz »

So....it seems everytime I am sick or feeling unwell and I play my Highland pipes, all of a sudden I feel much better!

It is the strangest thing. So...today I am suffering from a four day lower back pinched nerve that is killing me and I have to play for a funeral service.

I play at the service five tunes and...guess what? My back isn't hurting half as much as it was!

This seems to happen time and time again no matter if I have a cold, painful back, or some other nagging ailment that day.

I guess it must be the aerobic exercise one gets whislt playing the pipes.

Anyone else experience this strange miracle cure?

Cheers! Richard
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Highland Pipes for better health

Post by MTGuru »

Richard Katz wrote:I guess it must be the aerobic exercise one gets whislt playing the pipes.
No. It's because your illnesses and ailments are caused by demons. And everyone knows that even the blackest of black-hearted demons flee in terror from the sound of the GHB. I don't want you feel ill, Richard, but when it comes to the pipes my sympathies are kind of on the side of the demons.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Richard Katz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Richard Katz »

MTGuru,

From my experience ducks and pheasants also flee from the GHB, but today the white doves just flew away as fast as they could.

Pheasants make a wild screeching sound when you play the GHBs. Maybe they are just singing along?

I am pretty much done with the illness demons man! I just want to left alone.

Richard
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I can't say that I've experienced that.

I once had a fever over 100 and had to play at an outdoor wedding in the sun in Palm Springs where it was around 105. Standing in the sun in a black wool jacket blowing on the pipes didn't help one bit!

Another time I was suffering from, literally, a pain in the neck (a pinched nerve as it turned out) and had to play at a funeral... it was awful.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle