Cornemuse du Centre

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Cornemuse du Centre

Post by anima »

Here is a link to the English translation of the Boulanger book. Comes with a CD, cost about $35 total and they shipped it super fast (fastest I have ever gotten anything from Germany)

http://spielleute.de/wbc.php?sid=9542a8 ... 1&recno=13

Jeff
MichaelLoos
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Vanzetti wrote:One more question-does the Cornemuse du Centre have a second octave or overblown notes?
With an appropriate reed, it should be possible to be overblown up to the fourth, high C in case of a 16 pouces/G cornemuse.
Nic

Post by Nic »

CHasR wrote:Nic, I'd still really like to meet and pipe with you one day. Philly/Montreal hmmmmm bit of a drive, but still, ....closer than Effiat, eh?!?
Charlie, you're welcome here anytime, espcially if you come with your new "bécho" and some of your zampognas !!!
Vanzetti
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Vanzetti »

Thanks for the link.

In the world of the Cornemuse du Centre, what constitutes a "study set" or a "student set" as they are sometimes listed? Is it a different quality of wood (like say the Folk Flute) or missing a component or two (like a practice set in Irish piping) or is it like the world of GHP where the price differential is set by mount material and the outside of the bore/reed work"? Or is it none of the above?

Thanks,

Vanzetti
Dominic Allan

Post by Dominic Allan »

As far as I'm aware it's choice of timber , mounts and decoration.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Student set is the exact same quality of bore, tuning, reeds, etc., but without decoration (engraving, pewter inlays) and generally in a indigenous local wood as cherrywood (cormier).

Here a very good french piper with his student set from Bernard Blanc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMo5ZyFl ... ure=relmfu
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Nic wrote:cherrywood (cormier)
Cherrywood would be cérisier. Cormier is service tree (Sorbus domestica).
anima

Post by anima »

OK, so I did the bank transfer today for the Student set from Bernard Blanc, very excited, can't wait till it gets here. :-)

Jeff
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

Nic wrote:
CHasR wrote:Nic, I'd still really like to meet and pipe with you one day. Philly/Montreal hmmmmm bit of a drive, but still, ....closer than Effiat, eh?!?
Charlie, you're welcome here anytime, espcially if you come with your new "bécho" and some of your zampognas !!!
I would LOVE this, Nic ! :love: :love: :love: Are there any homesick, deep-pocketed "Calabrese, Abruzzese, Cilentano or Siciliano 'organizatione Fratelli' " with apropos CdC [Canadian dollars for Charlie]????
To play with all you Quebecquoise cornemuseaux would be "D'orure le Lys", trop beau pour être vrai ! ;)

incidentially Michael I have a service tree in my yard... It'll be a few years, but....
MichaelLoos

Post by MichaelLoos »

CHasR wrote:incidentially Michael I have a service tree in my yard... It'll be a few years, but....
Your homegrown cornemuse will be finished long before I can even start making a gaita from the boxwood tree in my garden - given that box needs 200 years for growing, I'll have to wait for 180 years from now, until I can harvest the timber...
anima

Post by anima »

I received the following message from Bernard Blanc today
j ai bien reçu votre paiement. je vous remercie et vous prépare la cornemuse comme convenu

or in English
I have received your payment. I thank you and will prepare the bagpipes as agreed
Nice. :-)

Will update the thread again in September when they arrive.

Jeff
accordeonaire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by accordeonaire »

That's a wonderful message to get. Congratulations.
anima

Post by anima »

Got another email from Bernard Blanc and he shipped my pipes today. :-) Cool beans man.
anima

Post by anima »

Pipes arrived yesterday. :-) Very nice, perfectly in tune right out of the box. Nothing too fancy but very cool.

CHasR

Post by CHasR »

:shock: :o :D :D :D :thumbsup: :love: :lol:
no way! ya lucky puppy , ya!!! :poke:
TRES BIEN

play them in good health! you will get TONS of mileage out of a Blanc! Very happy for you.
now you have to visit me & do duets. :tomato: