Bagpipe Music Writer- Gold

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
psychodonald
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Very much enjoy all flutes, bagpipes and whistles. I'm an older player; however, an active learner. I take current lessons from an Irish Flute tutor, a Boehm Flute tutor and a Highland Bagpipe tutor. I'm a great believer in lessons and without the assistance of a tutor, I find that I would be repeating the same mistakes over and over again, making me proficient in poor music.

Bagpipe Music Writer- Gold

Post by psychodonald »

Anyone had experience with the Bagpipe Music Writer-Gold software? I'm thinking of buying a copy and wondered how good it was? Mostly, I intend to use it to obtain sheet music and such for the pipe band I'm involved in. I'm not the best with computer stuff and other electronics--to me it's mostly smoke, mirrors and wires (magic), so I guess my question in part is, can a computer challanged :oops: person such as myself make it function? Thanks for your thoughts. Don.
chanterdan

Post by chanterdan »

bagpipe music player is the same thing,and its a free downlode. http://www3.telus.net/public/dougwick/
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

To make easy use of BMW (or Bagpipe Player) it works through codes.

So for example the first bar of Scotland the Brave is coded gg LA_4 tar (tab) LAr_8 'la Bl_16 (tab) dbc Cr_8 eg LAl_8 (tab) dbc Cr_8 El_8 !. The (tab) is where you would hit the Tab key to separate beats and '!' is the bar.

There is a menu that pops up when you right-click the mouse and you can select the note, embellishment or whichever. The codes are somewhat self explanatory. A High G gracenote is 'gg' and 'LA_4' is a Low A quarter note.

The differences between BMW and Bagpipe Player, aside from the latter being free, are virtually nil other than that the person behind BMW is a piper who has committed a lot to the growth of piping in his locale whereas the person behind Bagpipe Player is just a programmer.

-Aaron
psychodonald
Tell us something.: Very much enjoy all flutes, bagpipes and whistles. I'm an older player; however, an active learner. I take current lessons from an Irish Flute tutor, a Boehm Flute tutor and a Highland Bagpipe tutor. I'm a great believer in lessons and without the assistance of a tutor, I find that I would be repeating the same mistakes over and over again, making me proficient in poor music.

Post by psychodonald »

Geeeeez Guys, thank you so very much, I really appreciate it. Don.
chanterdan

bmw

Post by chanterdan »

http://www.viperpiper.org/forum/viewlinks.php?link=51, this website has hundreds of tunes to downlode,also you can configure,slow the tempo on your player ,play along with your practice chanter,or deeger pipe.
psychodonald

Post by psychodonald »

Chanterdan: I just took a look at the data base, nice!! This will certainly be a great help to me. You know, I just can't thank you enough. I''m passing along your information to the other members of my pipe band. My guess is that most of them are not aware of this site. This is sure a nice forum and it's helpful people like yourself who make it that way. Thanks again, Don.