Spring Bagpipe Cull

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Casey Burns
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Spring Bagpipe Cull

Post by Casey Burns »

Hi Bagpipers, (updated Mar 14)

Given these days I play primarily Galician Gaita and occasionally my G cornemuse - I am thinking its time to cull some of my other pipes and find new homes for them. Thus I will be posting more info here soon and then eBay if I get no interest. The first 2 I am getting ready include:

X) An old Burley Northumbrian Pipe in restorable condition.
This one has been sold - in case anyone is wondering.

2) Cornemuse in D, based on ones from the Bourbonnais. Turned simply in Mopane with no additional embellishments except for occasional rings of blackwood at the bottom of the chanter and bass drone. Stocks are blackwood with silver bands. Made by me around 1993-4. Leather bag. Needs reeds, though I can probably provide a few plastic chanter reeds. These use oboe staples. I also am using the blowpipe elsewhere, and would make a new one for this. Something around $1000 would be good for this but I'll entertain any offers.

Here is an image of this set - for scale the porch boards are 2X4s. The labels on the chanter stock were glued on as a joke and come off.

If interested please PM as my email has been acting funny - due to aggressive spam filters that seem to block legitimate emails while still allowing the crap through. I will also have other bagpipes and bagpipe parts and other stuff for sale as time allows.

Casey Burns