Absinthe and Borderpipes !!!!!!!!!!!

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
unreconstructed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Absinthe and Borderpipes !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by unreconstructed »

I've been working on a set of borderpipe drones over the last two weeks
and last week a friend of mine brought me a bottle of absinthe. well meself with a chest cold ! a great excuse to unleash the green fairey.
anyway during the past week I've been finishing up the borderpipe drones[they're designed to fit in the regulater stocks of my uilleann flat set} too make a long story short the drones are rocksolid and blend well with the chanter. I definitely noticed something different under the influence of Absinthe everything made sense (reeds tunes etc.} the tunes poured forth and apparently was good, my wife even noticed . just thought i'd post this expierence and encourage others to order an absinthe when at the pub for session but be forwarned absinthe is very potent { 136 proof}.

slainte na verte fee
james clark :D
I'm the person your mother warned you about. ;-)
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

All absinthe myths aside... drinking and woodturning is probably not a good idea. Luckily modern absinthe has controlled levels of thujon.

And just a minor point... proper grammar in both French and Gaelic put the adjective of color after the noun, giving you fée verte or sith glas.

But good news on your progress with your border pipes. Did you remedy that chanter reed?
marcpipes

Post by marcpipes »

I got a bottle of the fake stuff, Absente for Xmas. At 115 proof, a good straight shot after dinner is like little green nap. I wouldn't think of going into the workshop after it, though. Too much fun watching the inner eyelid show.
Um....Mom, Dad?......I'm Gaelic.
unreconstructed

absinthe pipes !!!!!!

Post by unreconstructed »

fortunately I did not drink in mass amounts otherwise I may be missing a
finger or two. I did get the reed problem fixed, I just was not sanding enough also I put a real copper wire bridle on the blades.
slainte
james clark
I'm the person your mother warned you about. ;-)