Saugerties Piping Weekend

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
MarkS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Saugerties Piping Weekend

Post by MarkS »

Posted on behalf of Ernie Shultis:

The Saugerties Piping Weekend is scheduled this year for April 20-23, 2007 and will once again be held at St. Joseph’s Villa/Falling Waters in friendly Saugerties, New York.

We always have a huge variety of bagpipes show up at this event: Northumbrian Smallpipes, Scottish Smallpipes, Uilleann Pipes, Border Pipes, Cornish Pipes, Spanish Gaitas, Breton Binous, etc. In addition to pipes any other acoustic musical instruments are welcome. In the past we’ve had harp, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, tin whistle, ukulele, bodhran, didgeridoo and more! Also feel free to bring your audio/video recorders and cameras.

Costs

The cost for the entire weekend is $210 for Friday through Monday room and board. That includes dinner on Friday, three meals on Saturday and Sunday and a continental breakfast and brunch on Monday. If you can’t stay until Monday, then the cost from Friday through Sunday afternoon is $140. Please send a $25.00 non-refundable deposit before April 15, 2007 to:Ernie Shultis, 4055 Rt. 32, Saugerties, NY 12477.

For local people who wish to stay elsewhere and would like to have their meals with us the costs are: Breakfast $3, Lunch $4 and Dinner $8 per person. If you are coming for a meal, I need the full amount for each meal before April 15, 2007. Please send a non-refundable check to: Ernie Shultis, 4055 Rt. 32, Saugerties, NY 12477.

For questions about the weekend I can be reached at cmcpiper@gmail.com

For the rest who would just like to come to listen, or possibly join in and play along on your own musical instruments the cost is, as always, FREE.

Directions to Falling Waters:

If coming from the south: Take NY State Thruway (I-87) to exit 20 (Saugerties), turning right after toll booth onto NY Route 212 East/32.

If coming from the north: Take NY State Thruway (I-87) to exit 20 (Saugerties), turning left after toll booth onto NY Route 32.

Follow Route 32 through the village of Saugerties for 1.08 miles. Turn Right onto Rt. 9W South/32 at Partition Street, the "Inquiring Mind" bookstore will be in front of you at the corner of Main Street and Partition Street. Continue following signs for 9W South. (You will make several turns: just keep following signs.) Cross the steel bridge and continue up the hill one more mile to Spaulding Lane on your left. "Cups and Cones" Restaurant is at Spaulding Lane. Take Spaulding Lane to the end where you will see the entrance to Falling Waters. 43 Spaulding Lane, Saugerties, NY 12477