Medieval / German bagpipe cover: A story you won't believe

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Meticus
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I just started learning to play the German/Medieval Bagpipe. I also play the guitar, recorder and want to learn some songs on a tin whistle. I want to come in touch with international communities to share experience and get new input and inspiration, such as tunes from different regions, appropriate for my instruments. Therefore I joined the Chiff & Fipple forum :-)

Medieval / German bagpipe cover: A story you won't believe

Post by Meticus »

Hello together,

here is a bagpipe cover I want to share with you, "A story you won't believe".
It is a tavern song from to video game Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt.
I like the tune very much since I heard it the first time, so it was clear that I must learn to play it myself :D
There are no virtual addings, I recorded the bagpipe, acoustic guitar and davul.

Since all real taverns are closed at the moment, we have to play in digital inns... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtCTVEl5lGg

Greetings and stay healthy!

Meticus
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: HHS and the other signatories to the Common Rule believe these three provisions will provide significant savings in time and resources, as well as prove relatively easy to adopt. The draft guidance documents from OHRP provide some particulars, and may help institutions and IRBs decide whether adopting the interim provisions makes sense for them. Two salient requirements also may guide an institution’s thinking:

Re: Medieval / German bagpipe cover: A story you won't belie

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

Hahahaha that is brilliant! Nice compositing work, too - one of the cleaner jobs I’ve seen for a video like this.

I’m working on something similar but perhaps less “trad” - editing myself into the Glenn Miller Orchestra playing swing music on the smallpipes
Meticus
Tell us something.: Hi, I just started learning to play the German/Medieval Bagpipe. I also play the guitar, recorder and want to learn some songs on a tin whistle. I want to come in touch with international communities to share experience and get new input and inspiration, such as tunes from different regions, appropriate for my instruments. Therefore I joined the Chiff & Fipple forum :-)

Re: Medieval / German bagpipe cover: A story you won't belie

Post by Meticus »

Your idea also sounds interesting, I'd like to see it when you finished it :)