FS: Northumbrian D set w/D Scottish chanter by Ross/Say

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
JoshuaPerkins
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a former Uilleann piper and Northumbrian piper. I have a quality used set of NSP to sell and would like to offer them to forum members in preference to Ebay.

FS: Northumbrian D set w/D Scottish chanter by Ross/Say

Post by JoshuaPerkins »

I'm the third owner of this set, which consists of a 7-key D chanter made and reeded by Colin Ross and a set built around the chanter by Barry and Julia Say, including an extra D Scottish chanter. Drones each have one tuning bead. Has not been played in about a year, was playing well when stored.

I am happy to provide additional information and photos upon request. Asking $1750 plus shipping. I will consider overseas sales, but with the caveat that shipping will likely cost an arm and a leg and I will not assume liability for anything that takes place in transit - full insurance would be highly recommended.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: FS: Northumbrian D set w/D Scottish chanter by Ross/Say

Post by pancelticpiper »

Where is overseas for you? Where are you located? Thanks!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
JoshuaPerkins
Tell us something.: I am a former Uilleann piper and Northumbrian piper. I have a quality used set of NSP to sell and would like to offer them to forum members in preference to Ebay.

Post by JoshuaPerkins »

Richard, so sorry - I am in Madison, WI, USA.

Also, someone sent me a PM on this and I am 'not authorised to read private messages' on my account. Please reach me at thejoshestperkins@gmail.com.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

JoshuaPerkins wrote:Richard, so sorry - I am in Madison, WI, USA.

Also, someone sent me a PM on this and I am 'not authorised to read private messages' on my account. Please reach me at thejoshestperkins@gmail.com.
You'll find that, now you've passed the initial three posts, you have full privileges and can read your PMs.
JoshuaPerkins

Post by JoshuaPerkins »

Not much interest in these to date, I am negotiating with one potential buyer and if that doesn't play out, these will be going to Ebay.
JoshuaPerkins

Post by JoshuaPerkins »

These pipes are sold.