FS Henderson Highland Pipes-Blackwood Mounts/Engraved Nickel

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
mstiefvater
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hallo, I'm a piper of all sorts — Highland, small, uilleann. I'm looking to get a new set of uilleann and so I'm hoping to join the community.

FS Henderson Highland Pipes-Blackwood Mounts/Engraved Nickel

Post by mstiefvater »

Hallo! I'm new here but intend on lurking in the future! I was a competition Highland piper for a long time but I'm moving over now into uilleann and smallpipes. A drunk driver smashed my teeth at the end of my Highland piping days and I keep trying to get back into them, but it keeps on being too painful with all the jaw damage.

So I'm officially selling my gorgeous Hendersons. This set was made in 2011; they're a Henderson PH2 set with blackwood mounts and engraved nickel. The drones are Ezee drones; sensible and hassle-free. I upgraded to the sheepskin bag currently tied in there (I adore sheepskin bags, they eventually mold to the shape of your body from playing) and it was seasoned fairly recently. The bag's dark green velvet, the cords are green/ gold silk. It comes with five easy reeds* and three drone corks. If I can find the other corks, I'll throw them in too. Also included is a deluxe hard-sided extra-tall pipe case, which is currently covered with bumper stickers but they'll come off easily if you desire something a bit more sleek.

I paid $1750 for the pipes, $100 for the case, and $15 each for the reeds. I'm not really interested in coming down too far from that as they're in perfect condition. They're on eBay now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/362113416644 but I'd also be open to a trade/ bargain for an uilleann half set.

*edit: three easy reads, two hard

**EDIT AGAIN. I just noticed I'm missing a tenor ferrel; I'm calling Henderson's to find out how much a replacement would be (they still make the PH2s so it should be exact).

- maggie

maggie