Flemish pipes - hard case options?

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
sfmans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a whistle player for over 40 years now, which is a sobering thought. I got started on a battered old Generation D and, well, just never stopped really!

Current gigs are The Powderkegs border morris, the concert band Trebuchet with our music theatre show The Mill Ballads www.themillballads.com, and Welsh dance band Caffl.

Flemish pipes - hard case options?

Post by sfmans »

I've recently adopted a set of Flemish bagpipes, and am looking to source a protective hard case for them before I start taking them out on gigs.

I'm looking at, and they would snugly fit in, the Glenluce bagpipe case

https://www.hobgoblin.com/local/sales/p ... hard-case/

But I'm wondering what other options there might be? Other dedicated purpose-built cases, or more home-made / repurposing options all welcome.

If it makes a difference, I'm in England.

Thanks all
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Re: Flemish pipes - hard case options?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Depends of course on the dimensions of your set - the Flemish bagpipes that I make fit exactly in one of these cases: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500pc-Texas-H ... SwXfBZgx9m
Sell the poker chips and decks without case, and you have a very inexpensive case...
sfmans
Tell us something.: I've been a whistle player for over 40 years now, which is a sobering thought. I got started on a battered old Generation D and, well, just never stopped really!

Current gigs are The Powderkegs border morris, the concert band Trebuchet with our music theatre show The Mill Ballads www.themillballads.com, and Welsh dance band Caffl.

Post by sfmans »

Thanks - that's just the sort of slightly left-field thought I was after, things that can be repurposed.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Often enough, a case with something in it is cheaper than an empty case... :wink:
Richard Evans

Post by Richard Evans »

I'd highly recommend Gama cases (Brittany). Proprietor is Bernard Loffet, a very helpful guy.

We've been buying smallpipes cases from them for years, and they have many different sizes on the website:

http://www.diato.org/gama1.htm

Cheers
Richard