“How Can I Keep From Singing?"

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Tjones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

“How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Post by Tjones »

I just received “How Can I Keep From Singing?” from Birchen publishing. Founded by piper, composer, and arranger Timothy Cummings. “How Can I Keep From Singing?” is a Collection of songs and hymns arranged for voice and smallpipes.

This is a wonderfully done collection and I would recommend it to any smallpiper, even if you don’t want to try to sing. Mr. Cummings has done a very good job of putting it together!http://www.birchenmusic.com/HCIKFS.html
jadphoto
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: “How Can I Keep From Singing?"

Post by jadphoto »

From your thread heading I thought you were seeking some kind of 12 step program.

For me just listening to a recording of me singing was all it took... :o

Book does sound cool though.

JD
elderj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play Irish flute and have one flute for sale. I'm also interested in older Rudall and Rose flutes that may come up for purchase.

Post by elderj »

I'm really happy to see this fine book receiving attention. Singing over the sound of smallpipes is exciting, among other reasons, because it connects the rich Appalachian tradition more closely with its Scottish and Irish roots. It's worth noting that, for many singers, having the option to use a C chanter while singing with the pipes can be very helpful.

Timothy Cummings's broad musical perspective, as conveyed both in his playing and in his books, is truly an inspiration
Tjones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tjones »

I just came across this this morning ~ It's a series of videos of a house concert with Dick Hensold and Patsy O'Brien, Patsy sings while Dick plays the pipes. Nice stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHMjwA ... PMf8ioKpJA :thumbsup: