pipes exchange bonanza

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
pigwhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

pipes exchange bonanza

Post by pigwhistle »

Howdy Folks,
After much agonizing I've decided to take a radical and hopefully practical step, so I thought I'd throw this out into the piping community and see what happens, there may be someone in the same boat as me but rowing from the opposite shore. I own various quality sets' of 'Celtic' bellows pipes (listed below), one set never played (Borderpipes), one set barely played (SSP's in 'C') and one set around five or six years old but not played for the last two years (SSP's in 'A'). After some years searching and much expense I've finally found the pipes that makes the connection for me (Bulgarian pipes- mainly Kaba Gaida). So odd as it may seem I'm willing to exchange for quality sets' of Djura Gaida in 'D' and 'G', I would like a set in 'Eb' but I don't think they exist, except possibly as a special order but I even doubt that, (if anyone knows of a good maker who would do that please let me know). I'm certainly well aware of the big difference in price between these two types of pipes (my three sets' being around $2,500 AUD each-they all have extra keys etc.. on them) but my 'Celtic' pipes are languishing in their cases which is not a good thing and makes me feel a bit sad for them, but I will now be concentrating exclusively on the Bulgarian pipes and music for the duration of my playing. I have a price for sale on the sets' but would exchange if I could get what I wanted and if we could come to some arrangement as regards shipping. This could be a very good and cheap option for someone seeking quality bellows pipes. Alternately the low Aussie $ makes it good for overseas buyers' at present. So if there are any interested players or makers of Djura Gaida out there please send me a PM. I don't have the funds to purchase the pipes I'm seeking but mainly it's a shame to see my lovely pipes out to pasture before their time.

SETS' and ITEMS FOR SALE .
Borderpipes in 'A' by Russian master maker Alexander Anistratov http://www.pipesland.com/ Never played, as new.
Coral Cocobolo, faux ivory mounts, brass ferrules and brass high 'B' key, drone switch, ezeedrone reeds in drones,
Jakie Boyce bag with green velvet bag cover, brass lined tuning pins and Pipetech case. All drones have long tuning pins so will tune to 'A' or 'B' for bass and tenor and 'D' and 'E' for alto. Here are a couple of youtube clips of the maker playing these very pipes as a demo for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkSizW06EQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQyAYtDQDsk
$1,200 AUD + shipping
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garvie Scottish Smallpipes in 'C', barely played (few hours' max). African Blackwood, gold plated ferrules and keys',boxwood mounts, high 'D' key and 'Eb' key, blue velvet bag cover and Garvie pipe case.
$1,200 AUD + shipping.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is the hardest decision of all. Ian Kinnear Scottish Smallpipes in 'A'. African Blackwood, gold plated ferrules
(slightly worn), Cocobolo mounts, brass high 'B' key, drone switch, blue velvet bag cover and Kilter pipe case.
$1,200 AUD + shipping.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Kaba Gaida chanters/gaidunitsa made by master Kostadin Ilchev. One in 'E' the other in 'D', both reeded
$180 AUD each + shipping.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have four brand new Jakie Boyce Cornemuse bags, two of each of the styles he makes.
Make me an offer + shipping.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can send pics' via e-mail.
Thanks, David.
pigwhistle

Re: pipes exchange bonanza, price up-date

Post by pigwhistle »

Price up-date folks, need to sell some pipes,
All advertised sets' of pipes are now reduced to $1,000 AUD + shipping.

The Kaba Gaida chanters' advertisement is now as follows,
Kaba Gaida made by Kostadin Ilchev with 'E' and 'D' chanters', drone and stocks' but no bag.
The 'E' chanter and drone are made of Dryan wood (cornelian cherry,dogwood etc..). The 'D' chanter is made from acacia wood and comes with a spare reed. $450 AUD + shipping.
thebigdaisy

Re: pipes exchange bonanza

Post by thebigdaisy »

Hi - I am interested in the I Kinnear pipes - what condition are they in?
Are they in good playable condition?

thank

Bob Paul
Isle of Skye
Last edited by thebigdaisy on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebigdaisy

Post by thebigdaisy »

Sorry I am new to these forums but I cannot work out how to contact you. Can you help?

Moderator's Note: Please see the rules for new users (#4). Since the poster has also blocked his e-mail display, I'll alert him to your interest.
thebigdaisy

Post by thebigdaisy »

I see you have sent me a private message - but when I try to view it I get "You are not authorised to read private messages." Might be better if you email me at the address in my profile. Because I am a new member there are a lot of retrictions on what I can do. I have now submitted 3 posts but am still unable to view private messages. I am still interested in the pipes but am unable to contact the seller unfortunately (4p.m. GMT Friday 3rd July),
pigwhistle

Post by pigwhistle »

Hi Big Daisy,
Yes I have sent you a PM after reading your post, I tried sending you an e-mail first but I couldn't get your e-mail address from your profile, whatever I pressed it would not come up. The pipes have been have been sold by the look of it, if that turns out not to be the case (which I doubt) I will try and contact you, possibly as a post here on this thread if all else fails.
All the best, David.
thebigdaisy

Post by thebigdaisy »

Thanks David - thanks for letting me know - still cannot read private messages though it looks like the forum admin are looking into it for me - as I have made the required three posts - my email address is in my profile but perhaps that is blocked as well in some way. Please let me know if the sale does not come off. Once I get private messages working I'll send you a message to let you know and will hopefully be able to receive them. Cheers!

PMs should be working fine now - Mod
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

OP (pigwhistle) reports that the pipes have now been sold. - Mod
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
JesseJames

Post by JesseJames »

Hi David,

Are your Anistratov border pipes in A still available? I am interested in purchasing them from you if they are.

Cheers,
Jesse