looking to trade...

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
lordofthestrings
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

looking to trade...

Post by lordofthestrings »

Hi everybody! (in a very Dr. Nick Rivera way)

I'm looking to swap out some of my current arsonal for different instruments. I'm hoping to get a set of bagpipes (SSP, GHB, NSP, whatever you might have, let me know).

Here's what I have to swap. I am willing to (depending on the instrument you have) swap more than one for a set.

- 2 cellos from the late 1930's, German made

- 1900's violin, seems to be of an Italian pattern, nice shape, recently restored by me

- 1/2 size Chinese factory violin, set up properly by me, mint

- "Tater Bug" bowl back mandolin (there is a picture of this on the string forum, "pictures of your stringed instruments" thread)

- Kay 19 fret tenor banjo modified by me; this includes abalone dot inlays on the fingerboard, knee mute, bottle opener tailpiece (yes, I designed it to be used to open bottles :wink: ), natural peg head veneer, "lyre" pick holder, and several other not as noticable modifications. Also pictured on the above mentioned thread.

- A number of violin and cello bows; all of varrying condition, some pernambuco, some fruitwood, some fibreglass.

- A gamble here in the ITM world, but a rare-ish Hohner 111 Bass piano accordion done in a lovely art deco style from the 1920's, white perloid
Spoken for :wink:

I will be happy to provide more information and pictures about any of the above listed, please PM if interested in trading, or if you would be interested in buying any of them outright.

Thanks,
Last edited by lordofthestrings on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - - Spence - - -
A little autobiography, including pictures, Here
Actually, I hate music. I'm only doing this for the money.
lordofthestrings

Bump...
- - - Spence - - -
lordofthestrings

Bump again....
- - - Spence - - -
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

You would have to change your name to "Lordofthewinds" which has a nice ring to it.
I suppose I could be "Lord of the Seven Winds" which has an even nicer ring to it (uilleann pipes, Highland pipes, whistle, Cornish pipes, Gaita Galega, Gaida, and flutes)