Another concertina flute trade?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
MarkP
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Another concertina flute trade?

Post by MarkP »

I'm looking for a better concertina and either to sell or trade something to pay for it.

looking for:

30+ key, C/G Anglo in very good condition, easy to play, seven fold leather bellows, decent sounding concertina reeds. A second finger right hand C# would be handier than first finger. Not too worried whether modern or antique, but reliably playable please. I'm still a beginner on the Rochelle, would be nice to find something I'd still feel happy with as a good session instrument in a few years time.

Open to offers in Ireland or UK for preference.

can offer any of the following:

Late 19th century 28 key Lachenal, 5 fold bellows, needs restoration (does play a few notes), original parts, I'd say everything's there, wooden ends (couple of cracks), bone buttons, no case.

George French 8 key cocus flute, excellent condition, no cracks, about 1850 I'd guess (very respectable sort of Rudall-type London flute), plays down to low C foot keys.

A rather unique boxwood Wilkes keyless flute (Pratten style) with chased silver ferrule bands. I bought it on a whim but in reality I'm only ever going to play my Rudall style flutes.

A superb Hammy Hamilton keyless Pratten in Blackwood, not sure whether I'd part with it but maybe...

The flutes all have cases.

Cheers, Mark
Mark