advice

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
ermitrude46
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

advice

Post by ermitrude46 »

I have a chance to see a hohner student IVM (48) which is up for sale, from an local advert. I have already been in touch to ask questions. What has come back is that it has not been used much, and has been stored in the attic..... Can anyone give me info on this type of hohner accordion?
eubiedubie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: advice

Post by eubiedubie »

I just sat in a session with a player who played a Hohner Student model.It has two reeds,fast key board,wet tuned and cut thru the din of fiddles guitars and mandolins.Thats the up side,48 bass is limiting,Store in an attic check it for loose reed blocks and leathers.The heat and extreme temp swings has probably done damage.Repair cost could be expensive.
ermitrude46
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ermitrude46 »

Thank you for that! Have also been looking at 72 upwards. So will have a look out for those instead.
Anyanka

Post by Anyanka »

Eubiedubie is quite right re loose reed blocks & leathers, also rusty reeds can be an issue. However, I've just come back from checking out all the 48 bass accordions at the local music shop, and the Hohner Student was the only one I liked, quite a lot. It was light enough and had an appealing sound.

48 bass is limiting, but if you're going to be playing standing up, anything else gets too heavy!