40 Year old box of harmonicas

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
robert schuler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

40 Year old box of harmonicas

Post by robert schuler »

I just dug out my old shoe box full of harmonicas. Back in the late 1960's I was a serious blues harmonica player. I learned guitar and left the harmonica behind. I was surprised to find so many harmonicas in that box. The least used was a Marine Band Soloist in C. 12 holes in three octaves. I'm not sure if its still being made today and it did not come in other keys but it really fits nicely with all the whistle tunes I learned over the years. Reeds are more bendable and expressive than the more stuck up Hohner Chromatics that seem to be designed for playing elevator muzak. Slow Airs are just amazing on the harmonica. If you have an old harmonica laying around dust it off and give it a second chance... Bob.
Oh body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?... WB Yeats
Greg Connor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm facinated by the simplicity and the ability of the irish whistle. I use it mainly for accent while recording music.

Re: 40 Year old box of harmonicas

Post by Greg Connor »

Harmonicas are a lot of fun!

I have had harmonicas laying around here for the past 53 years. My Dad gave me a two sided Echo Harp in A and D when I was 7 years old. I was already playing a 10 hole Marine Band.

I just joined the Twin Cities Harp Society and am now becoming familiar with Chromatic harmonica, along with fast paced lessons on Diatonic Blues Harmonica.

Here is the link to the website:
http://mnharp.org/