Looking for a BC tuner in UK

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
JohnB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Looking for a BC tuner in UK

Post by JohnB »

I'm in London UK and my BC Salterelle Boube is in need of a tune up - any recommendations
brianholton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Looking for a BC tuner in UK

Post by brianholton »

try the Salvation Army - they tuse all sorts of free reeds
StevieJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

JohnB wrote:I'm in London UK and my BC Salterelle Boube is in need of a tune up - any recommendations
Bound to be some in London but these men are both very good and are a short parcel post ride away.

I have two boxes set up and tuned by Mike Rowbotham in St Ives - top-notch. http://www.michaelrowbotham.eclipse.co.uk/index.html

Also excellent is Theo Gibb in Gateshead http://www.theboxplace.co.uk/
JohnB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JohnB »

Thanks

StevieJ - I've heard of those two guys but thought they were set up for English tuning. there was a very good tuner just west if London who was very good but I can't trace him so he's probably retired (or worse) - must get out to a few sessions and ask around.
StevieJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

English or Irish doesn't come into it, John. What you need is someone who a) understands how to set up and tune accordions well, without damaging the reeds, and b) will give you the tremolo (degree of dryness or wetness) that you want.

Theo and Mike both fit the bill. Of course, you have to a) know and b) succeed in explaining what you want. Give them a call and talk it over. Both will take the time to listen and have suggestions for making sure they give you what you want. Tell them I sent you :)

Cheers
Steve