CP: Hohner B/C Double-Ray vs. Hohner B/C Melodeon iPad App

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CP: Hohner B/C Double-Ray vs. Hohner B/C Melodeon iPad App

Post by eskin »

A real vs. virtual instrument boxing match... (bad pun, I'm sorry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEpKmF3980c

I wrote the app many months ago. It allowed me to get familiar with the scales so that when I received my real Double-Ray a few weeks ago, I was very quickly able to bootstrap playing basic tunes on the instrument. Quite an interesting experiment!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: CP: Hohner B/C Double-Ray vs. Hohner B/C Melodeon iPad App

Post by benhall.1 »

Fun, as always, Michael. It does make me (briefly) want to go out and buy one o' they iYokes.

Now, are you giving it away free to Chiffers? Or is that offer only for your real friends over at the session.org?

:D

[heh heh]
eskin

Post by eskin »

Happy to give them away here as well, just send me a note via PM.
projektio28
antispam: No

Post by projektio28 »

Hey Michael,

My father called me up a couple of weeks ago to tell me had bought himself a "new toy". He purchased an iPad 2 much to my surprise. So as soon as we drove up with the kids to visit him, I made sure to buy your B/C Hohner app and mess around with it.

Having never touched anything more than piano accordions before, this was literally/virtually my first time trying out a 2 row button box. It was such fun to see the look of disbelief on my folks faces when they came downstairs for breakfast. There I was, sitting on the couch with the iPad leaning on my chest as I tapped away a rudimentary version of "The Musical Priest" (which I'd quietly been learning the night before while everyone slept!)

Anyway, well done on the application! So much fun to practice with. I mean, why spend $800-$1,000 on a Hohner Morgane (or Double Ray) when I can practice with your app first and get the basics down? :D

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Matt
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
eskin

Post by eskin »

That's awesome, thanks for letting me know. I'm having a great time learning on the real Double-Ray, and find the app very handy for practicing where it just wouldn't be practical to have a real instrument, like when I waiting for an oil change on my car before the trip I'm currently on.