New Accordion (again)

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

New Accordion (again)

Post by Bretton »

Hi. Just thought I'd mention that I've ordered another organetto from Giustozzi.

I had the exact same model a few years ago, but sold it in a moment of financial weakness...

mod. 11/A organetti piccoli (http://www.giustozzi.it/ita/wp-content/ ... s/11_A.jpg).

It's got two voices (dry tuned) and the main row is in D (starting on the 2nd button).

The three buttons on the 2nd row are Fnat/G# Cnat/Cnat Fnat/G# (F-naturals and G-sharps in both octaves, and the middle C-natural on both push/pull). This allows for playing in keys of C, G, D, and A, without too much trouble.

The bass/chord side only has (or will after I "fix" it) a D/A chord button. The bass note button will have the reeds removed and act as an air button since this model comes without any air button.

I played the last one I had exclusively for almost a year before I sold it, and this layout works very well in a nice small and light package. It has a pretty loud and projecting sound for it's size, but is a little too bright sounding sometimes. I may add something behind the grill to dampen this down a bit.

Unfortunately, I'm paying quite a bit more this time around due to the current exchange rate between US Dollars and Euros. I'll post some pics and sound files next year (should be here in early January 2011).

Mine is black with red accents, not the red/yellow pictured on their Web site.

-Brett