Milano Accordion...Questions?

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
Captain_Kelly
antispam: No

Milano Accordion...Questions?

Post by Captain_Kelly »

Hi all!I know absolutely nothing about accordions but always wanted to pick one up and give it a go,so I did.I just purchased a Milano Accordion w/case on Craigslist for $20 and was wondering if anyone could give me a little more background info on it?
It does play but a few of the buttons(little black ones...I don't know what they are called just yet) have fallen through into the body,is this common and is there a way to fix it without having a professional look at it?If nothing else I'd like to at least get my $20 back if it's not fixable :D

Any info on the model I have or ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!All I know is that is made by Milano and says made in Italy on it.Thanks!

Mr.Nate
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Milano Accordion...Questions?

Post by Mr.Nate »

If you buy a mandolin for 20$ and it isn't playable you can at least hang it on the wall for a conversation piece, but what is a piano accordion good for if you can't fix it? Right, I know the answer....just don't play on the broken keys! If it warbles and sounds like sh*t (I didn't put the star in there but I think it is funny! ) then it was worth the 20$ to help you decide if your are in love with it or you hate it. Isn't that what happens after you get married?

Seriously though it is probably a spring that came loose from the arm (not sure of the name). You can buy a book on accordion repair or pay someone else to fix it...it's your call!
Whistling in the Rockies!!